Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Did you get pitocin after delivery and did they tell you before they gave it?

I had my first son so fast I hardly remember anything but getting in an ambulance and driving to the hospital. I know I delivered my placenta soon after he came and the only time I felt cramping after was while feeding. So I'm uming I didn't have pitocin then. I then had my daughter she came with two pushes and the placenta came easy as well, it was at a different hospital and I was having extremely intense cramping after. I asked the nurse and she said it was the pitocin and offered me narcotics for the pain. I had no idea why they gave it to me and was confused why I even had it. With this baby I'm going to refuse it unless necessary but the doctor told me they always give it and it is an important precautionary measure. Am I wrong in taking the wait and see approach, with having such easy deliveries in the past?

0 comments:

Post a Comment